Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bit quite for the holidays

As is rather usual the club night on the Second Friday of the month was a little quite. 8 or so lads for Magic The Gathering, 2 playing Malifaux, 2 with Wings of Glory and 4 playing a 20mm Big Battle version of the venerable DBA rules.
Malifaux in the background DBA in the front

Italian Greek Colony troops

More of the above


My Spanish Ally Cavalry and others prepare for the inevitable clash
The Carthaginian line about to smash through the heavy spear of the Italian Greeks or so I thought.

Slowly the Spanish were whittled away

On the left flank I did come out on top but only after losing the elephants!!! They always seem to go down when I use them. Yet the Carthaginians were not to have victory this time.

A Roman vs Successor fight. Victory to the Romans
 
The beauty of DBA is the ability for multiple games to be played in one night. I was also able to get in a smaller game with Alexander vs the Galatians and my Alexandrians came out on top. We will look seriously at having a campaign night or two using the Punic wars as a basis to the fighting.

No comments: