Friday, December 7, 2018

The End of November sees the club moving along down the Sci-fi alley.

This blog is a bit of a show and tell of club happenings. I always plan on putting more on the blog to promote the club, alas I get involved in real life and the blog takes a back seat. Next year will be better.............one hopes.

The benefit of a small club is the diversity of opinion and choice. 40K has made a real resurgence so much so that I introduced it to the school I am at, but have not played a game at the club itsself. I had to have a new army of course and the cheap beginners boxed sets started my Death Guard force. Great minis as usual from GW but I have not really been into the rot and gore of this most loathsome of the Chaos gods. The kids at school wanted to play marines so I had to be the bad guy, cool. Soon my pretties will make it to the club soon. (maybe pretties is not the right word)

So Age of Sigmar killed off warhammer fantasy in its old form but our club jumped on to Kings of War and the toys still make it to the table for the regular bout of dice throwing. Some of the chaps do play AoS but again it has not surfaced at the club.

Infinity is still a goer and a great game. We tried a bigger table at the End of November games night. 3 sides with 300 points and used the TACO2 system again with some success. Bigger tables really mean more turns I feel but we ran out of time to really give it a proper run. Maybe back to a 4 foot by 4 foot table and 200 points a side.

Wings of Glory is still a staple as Barry not only loves the game but has enough models for the whole club to play if we wanted to.

So enough blather and a quick picture show.

Kings of War ( a fond replacement for WFB )

Baz and the Wings Game from early November

Infinity from early November, hmmm a few cans of spray paint and this will look beyond awesome.
End of November big Infinity game

Another view of the larger than normal table

My Haqqislam, purchased second hand with a view to repaint until I realised I have only one lifetime to paint and play games with and to be honest they are well painted anyway!

Yu Jing a mix of my minis and second hand painted again but controlled by a friend on the night

Mordheim, a venerable favorite that stands the test of time

Nicely painted Necron walker

Destroyers?? this table looks so good with models on it.
Even unpainted minis look great against this mat and the buildings
My Death Guard begin

More nasties to beat the school kids into submission

Owned this for 25+ years sat 3/4 painted for 3 years and a last done, I love the old Mithril Miniatures.

The reason I am having a go at Haqqislam in Infinity, a lovely Odalisqque from the game with the brilliant spitfire gun. oh I painted this one and was quite chuffed how it turned out.

We have one more games night in December as the other night will be too close to Christmas, so if you are around drop in. There will be Pizza too.

1 comment:

UBSE 12th Model Paper 2021 said...

Uttarakhand Board Of School Education (UBSE) Responsible For Conducting 12th Annual Examination Starting 12th Class Exam might begin on May 4 and might end on May 22, 2021, UK Board 12th Question Paper 2021 UBSE is an company of Government of Uttarakhand entrusted with the Responsibilities of Prescribing courses of instructions.