Sunday, June 2, 2013

Why not to build kits at 3.00am

A night not sleeping, the smell of Revel Cement beckons. I had 5 M5 Halftracks from The Plastic Soldier Company (PSC) to build. PSC helped to produce Battlegroup Overlord, my new obsession, which along with the nifty little Battlegroup Rulebook would rekindle my desire to game WWII. I had placed an preorder for the Rules and Army book along with the halftracks but unfortunately the halftracks were lost in transit. PSC very kindly sent another box as a replacement. Very Very nice people that run this company. Please support them. So how did I go with the build. Check for your self with the image below.

Now for those of you not familiar with the halftrack (including me), the track has the larger drive wheel at the front just behind the door. Not as I have it in this image. Also the front bumper/winch apparatus points down. Thus I label myself dopyijut. All this only occurred to me when I put the other four up against it and guess what most had one or the other of the above issues!!!!! Clever. So the moral of the story is do not build halftracks at 3.00am not matter how much that glue calls to you.

After reviewing both the M3 and M5 halftracks online and doing a double take I carefully ripped off the offending bits and glued them back on.

Soon you will see the work in progress shots.

No comments: