Friday, April 18, 2014

Duelling Gamers, what is next on the plastic pile to paint



Sadly as I have just about all the miniatures I need for the painting/gaming competition I can leap ahead and pull out of the box the next toys to apply a lick of paint to. Well I say sadly because my next foray puts me around $39.00 into next months Au $100.00 GW equivalent spend. I have some of the mantic werewolves that I bought along with their excellent Kings Of War Kickstarter campaign. These will work as ................werewolves (nice guess) in Kings of War but will have to be either Crypt Horrors or Vargeists in Warhammer Fantasy at the cool price of $79.00. With my $40.00 spare from this months spend I am now over budget, ouch. I'll leave you, the audience, to decide should they be Crypt Horrors or Vargeists?

Werewolves WIP
 
 
I also have a catapult nearing completion but this must be excluded from the competition as I had built and part painted the silly thing prior to the start of the competition and well nothing like it exists in the vampire counts army list so sort of irrelevant except it is a nice model.
Catapult Wip


6 comments:

Puddingwrestler said...

You'd better slow down - you can't pre-spend next month's budget, only roll-over the current month's budget into next month. This is designed to stop speed painters like me and you from completing the whole challenge in the third month.

Hoodling said...

Use the Werewolves as Crypt Horrors. They don't have wings, so Vargheists might be a bit confusing.

chris said...

Crypt horrors it will be and I'll have to plough ahead with other things, like my blood bowl team and some 15mm WWII oh and the space marine scouts... Hmm me thinks wargaing butterfly strikes again.

Unknown said...

So Chris what is duelling gamers?

chris said...

Duelling Gamers is a small paint to game competition that helps those that are army challenged to actually get a small force on the tabletop in a set period of time. It is based on a certain amount spent on games workshop Australia pricing but you can price and get the models anyway you want. See the link on the left side of the page to give you further clues.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info Chris