Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Late August down the club, more 40K, Mordheim, Kings of War and my little Infinity table.

'Twas a good turn up at the end of August for the club night and though a few had the remnants of a flu like cold most brought out their toys and chucked a few dice. I did not, the dreaded lurgy got me and my energy was to low. But sitting in on a game of 40K made me appreciate that the games has some very good strong points to it now. I love the whole object element and the use of tactical objective cards. Reminds me a lot of another Sci-Fi game that uses less minis. 40K does seem to play fast and furious and some elements looked very different from the versions I have played and loved but I will be giving it a go sometime soon. So on with the show.

Mordheim board, I think two games happened sequentially.

I have no idea who built it but this Tavern, gatehouse looks the part, just a little undamaged for the ruins of the once great city of Mordheim.

40K, loved the mat for this game evokes a real sense of impending doom.

Nice Buildings too, must ask who makes them.

OK so this was a bit of inspiration for a fellow gamer. Gold airbrushed on, (or silver for the middle miniature), Minitaire Ghost tint magenta again airbrushed and here is the real bonus, a gold sharpie pen to redo the gold outlining of all the armour panels. Clever, and idea stolen. Really like the red too.

40K game I watched, nasty Chaos Tzeench vs nastier Tyrannids. Close combat is huge now and rather brutal. the nids seem to go down in droves and had very little left but the objectives and tactical objective cards gathered throughout the match meant that the nids won.

Once upon a time I would never leave so many expensive models in an enclosed space like this but the game plays differently now.

Tau vs Tau Civil War!!!!!!!!11

Chaos tainted Primarch taking a hit or 13.

KOW

Battle of the beasts in the Kings of War match, treeman alas was turned to kindling.

The look of despondence as you realise that 30+ Tau face you with shotguns and they work very differently now for the Tau!

Khorne demons

My little board for Infinity. This was played at home with a great friend that popped over. Infinity looks so good when the board has lots of buildings even if most of mine are the paper/card ones from all the different sets.
Looking forward to next club night but not sure what to play should I go for a game of 40K, continue with Mordheim and progress my warband or bring out the Infinity toys again. Who knows.

No comments: